The book opens with Peter Quill’s “origin” story and reveals who his father is. Then it jumps into the present where he is already Star-Lord and leader of the Guardians. In this series, Iron Man is part of the team, on sabbatical from Earth. I actually loved this because on the Avengers he is a leader, one of the geniuses. They often look to him for a plan of action or to save the day with a brilliant idea. Here, that is not the case. His armor and tech savvy is well behind the rest of the galaxy, as Rocket loves to remind him in the most condescending way! It was refreshing to see Stark so out of his element.
This book is really a staging point to build something bigger. The story is light on content, but heavy on humor and action. Each of the Guardians gets a moment to “shine” so readers can be introduced to them. And they keep the jokes rolling. The book is an excellent starting point for new readers to comics, or to the Guardians (as I am). One problem I had was the characters’ use of made-up words. The writer wants to remind people this isn't Earth, and they have common terms we don’t use. I find that unnecessary since they’re all speaking English via “universal translator” anyway and it got annoying fast. But, this was a minor quibble. Overall, this is a solid beginning to the new series and I will continue reading. Recommended!
CLICK HERE TO READ BOOK ONLINE
DOWNLOAD BOOK NOW, CLICK HERE!!